Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

We Were Spared

We really were extremely lucky here in Virginia. There was quite a bit of destruction in the general area, but our town fared quite well. Only about half of the town was without power, I think. And those affected were victims of the same downed tree that stole our power.

It's amazing to me that power was restored as quickly as it was (just under 24 hours).

I put together a slideshow if you'd like to see it. No destruction, just images from our two days in the super storm. And some fireworks from the transformer that was taken out by a falling tree across the street and half a block down from us.



I still cannot believe the images and stories of devastation coming from New Jersey and New York. Maryland's Eastern Shore was hit hard. So was Delaware. But the damage in NY and NJ is far worse. It's all so unreal to me, as I'm sure it is for many of you, too.

Those of you impacted by the storm, if you need help with anything, be sure to let me and your other blog followers know. We may not be a physical presence, but I think the sense of community is strong here. Just let us know if there's anything at all we can do.

Hugs to all.

6 comments:

SonjaM said...

Thanks for sharing. The transformer fireworks was enough excitement. You were indeed very lucky.

bob skoot said...

Kathy:

Thank you for your video. Lucky the transformer was easily replaced.

I am sure that it was exciting to see those electrical fireworks.

we are glad that you are both okay

bob
Riding the Wet Coast
My Flickr // My YouTube

Brenda said...

Thanks for sharing Kathy, the fireworks were exciting but I do love the photo of the rose, even after all that some beauty managed to survive.

Glad you are OK

Dar said...

Poor puppies! That was one huge tree! Glad you fared well!

Kathy Kirkpatrick said...

Thanks, all. The more I hear about the storm in its aftermath, the more I realize just how lucky we were!

Lyosha said...

thanks for sharing. it looks a bit creepy for people who live in areas with no storms