Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

If All Else Fails, Ask the Camel

A week or so ago, I saw this photo on Facebook. It cracked me up, so I wanted to share it here.


I did the right thing and asked permission first, which was promptly granted. It belongs to Triumph Adventure Tours, a joint venture between Triumph and Edelweiss Bike Travel.

Hubby and I did an Edelweiss tour a couple of years ago. It was fabulous. I would do it again in a heartbeat, but it's sort of expensive.

This year's trip to Italy is a different sort of adventure. We're just renting bikes and touring all by ourselves. Just the two of us in a land of German-speakers. Should be interesting, eh?

Planning has sort of stalled, which is why I haven't talked much about it here. Nothing worthwhile to say beyond, "I can't wait!"

The trip is still on. We -- Annelies and I -- have just been too busy to plan. She actually was here in the US for a week, which is one of the reasons I went to Philadelphia recently.


I found that picture in All Things Europe on Tumblr. If you have time to kill and like looking at pretty pictures check it out.

The friend we'll be visiting in Switzerland sent me an e-mail recently. One of the things she said made me chuckle. It was "...I think you will like where we live, more cows than people and very pretty."

Does she have me pegged or what?

1 comment:

Trobairitz said...

More cows that people and very pretty - sounds perfect.

You are going to have so much fun.