Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Way, Way Back

You'll notice, over the next few days, I'll be dipping into the photo archives for blog material.

I'm going to be away from my computer for a few days and didn't want y'all to go through withdrawal.


That shot is from late-2000. It was taken shortly after we bought our first bikes... twin Yamaha V-Star 650 Classics.

I was much thinner then. And my hair didn't have nearly as many natural highlights. Yes, I know you can't see my hair. You'll just have to trust me.

By the way, these pics are so old they were actually captured on film. Hubby painstakingly scanned a bunch of prints into digital images a while back.  

I'm not sure how long it was after we purchased the bikes that Hubby he decided he wanted his to be electric-blue. He loves to do stuff himself. Although he swears he only tackles some projects because he's a "cheap bastard" and hates to pay exorbitant labor fees for simple stuff.

So he painted his own bike. 


He actually painted his helmet to match.

Here's a shot of both bikes.



When he decided it was time to trade his V-Star in for the much larger Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad, he figured he'd get more in trade if the bike was stock. So he switched all of the blue pieces to my motorcycle.

That blue wasn't me. I'd always thought my bike would look cool in bright yellow.

Having never been pleased with the quality of his paint work -- either that or he just didn't feel like the hassle -- we got someone else to paint my bike.

You'll see the bike in that guise in an upcoming post.

2 comments:

Trobairitz said...

It is cool that hubby tackled the painting himself. A big job.

I like the first picture best. I can't see you smiling but I can tell you are.

ToadMama said...

One thing for sure, that Hubby of mine does not shy away from big jobs. Did you ever read all about us building our WV place? Now THAT was an adventure to remember.