Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Change Has Come

There's been a lot going on around here lately. Good stuff. But it's kept me from riding. Which is never good.

This past Saturday was picture-perfect weather-wise. It would have been a great day for a motorcycle ride. And a wedding shower. Which is what we were supposed to do, but I wasn't feeling well. So I laid around, indoors. All. Day. Long.

That is so not me. What a waste of a beautiful Saturday!

Though I did get to watch several movies. I watched The Seventh Sign in its entirety. That's the apocalyptic movie with Demi Moore and Michael Biehn. (I always used to think he was cute, so never realized what a bad actor he was.)

I started watching some other movie called The Descent, but it was about a group of women who liked doing adventure-type annual getaways, like whitewater rafting and exploring previously undiscovered caves. Yeah, right. I'd prefer a good Lancaster, PA shopping trip any day.

It's funny that monster and horror movies don't scare me, but all that crawling through and getting stuck in tiny little holes deep underground was really creeping me out. So I stopped watching that one. Then I finally saw One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, start to finish. Yes, I know that's an oldie. A classic oldie at that. I'm just not a movie person. I'd rather read. Or ride! LOL.

Speaking of movies, did you see today's Google doodle?



For a behind-the-scenes explanation, CLICK HERE.

And now, back to my life...

Sunday was for some important planning, which I had to finish before the landscapers mulched all of the planting beds.

I was so busy last week, I didn't tell y'all the landscapers were coming.

We had them convert our backyard, clay-based mud pit into a peaceful retreat. They also tore all of the grass out of our side yard, where there was a small but treacherous hill, and built a wall to make a planting bed. While they were here, they weeded and mulched all of our existing planting areas, too.

I actually did an extensive post about it, with lots of pictures, on my personal blog. It's not "none-of-your-damn-business" personal. It's just usually got stuff you probably could care less about. So I don't mention it often.

It was a big deal for us, though. And I did actually use it as an excuse to ride my bike on Monday. I had to meet the landscaper at the nursery for plant selection. The weather was gorgeous, so why not ride? Right?

Hopefully, I'll have more ride report-type material soon. But for now, check out our pretty new yard. :-)


 If you're ever in the neighborhood, feel free to drop by!

1 comment:

Trobairitz said...

Glad you are feeling better. Why is it we always feel poor when it is sunny outside?

Beautiful new spaces/yard areas. I am sure you are really pleased with it. They did a great job and you picked out nice plants too.