Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Black Hills COG Rally

Since my last post featured a shot of me and my old ride, I thought I should post a shot of my Hubby with his old bike.


Yep, that's Hubby with his Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad. The photo was taken in 2006 in the Black Hills of South Dakota. He and our friend, Barry, rode their bikes from Maryland to South Dakota for a Kawasaki Concours Owners Group (COG) Rally.


Why a Councours rally? Because a Concours is Barry's ride.

Barry's wife, Kathy, and I made the trip the smart and fast way. We flew out to Rapid City and hung out with the boys for a few days and then flew back home.

Iron Butt rides aren't for me.


The Black Hills is a great place to ride.

And the nearby Badlands National Park is a fabulous place to take pictures. If you like scenes like this...


This next shot is one of my favorite vacation pics.


We used to ride together often. But various DIY projects, on the part of both couples, have interfered.

Hopefully we'll be able to do a ride together soon. I really miss those days...

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow Kathy that shot of the Badlands National Park is pretty amazing, looks almost alien.

Love that holiday pic too!!!

Trobairitz said...

Great pics. That Vulcan is a huge bike.

The pic of the bikes and both couples is really cute. It is good bring them out once in a while to trigger the group riding memories.

ToadMama said...

Thanks, Brenda.

Yes, Brandy, that was one very large bike. It was a fun trip.