Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Slow Down

I went out the other evening to try and capture an image of this cute little house on the outskirts of town.

I've always thought it was a nice little place. But now it's flanked by blooming magnolia trees.


That is a terrible shot. Sorry. Since I was in the truck, there was no good place to pull over. The light was at the wrong angle. But I decided to post it anyway just in case I don't get back before the trees finish their show.


I think this pond is on the same property. I snapped that photo through the windshield while the truck was moving.

I hate to keep saying "look how cool my new neighborhood is." But I can't help it. These pics were shot just over three driving miles from my house.

There are lots of little houses like that scattered around. I'm not sure, but I think it was once (and maybe still is) a caretaker's cottage. This is, after all, hunt country. I so cannot wait to see a hunt.

After failing to capture a decent shot, I had to turn around. To do so, I pulled into a nearby country lane. That's where I saw a sign that made me laugh. I hope you'll get a kick out of it, too.


Happy Friday! I hope this weekend brings you lots of good riding weather!




2 comments:

Trobairitz said...

The picture of that little stone cottage makes me want to see inside. The magnolia is pretty too.

Be proud, you do live in a cool area. I enjoy seeing pictures of it. I love the rolling farmland.

bluekat said...

Your neighborhood is cool! :)
I think this is one of the things I love about the blogs I follow. Whether by motorcycle, car, bike, or two bare feet, it's like being invited along on a stroll through someones neighborhood, or having a chat about the day, or what have you. Best reading I can find these days.

The stone house is pretty, and the magnolia is a nice touch. I know what you mean about grabbing the pic when and where you can. It looks like a lovely place

lol - great sign!