Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Who is That?

Hello, and welcome to day eight of Fuzzy's #29in29 challenge (pic a day for 29 days) of the #29in29 challenge. Today's post doesn't feature any motorcycle pictures, but it is most definitely motorcycle-related.


One obstacle women on motorcycles face is where to stash the purse. Especially when you are first starting out. How many first motorcycles have saddlebags, top cases, panniers, etc.? Not many. And most tank bags, which seem to be the first addition, just aren't big enough for even your smaller pocketbook.

You guys may not think this is a weighty issue, but the girls will get it. Even if you're not a girlie-girl (I am so NOT a girlie girl), there are just times when you need that bag. Pockets will not always suffice.

It was back before I got a bike with storage when that was a concern. I remember thinking, even if I did somehow strap my purse on, if I got into a wreck, it would almost surely become unattached. So if I was discovered by some stranger, no one who know how to identify me because there'd be no ID anywhere.

I started thinking about the lack of ID thing again when I started walking the dogs. If something happened while I was out and about, no one would know how to contact my Hubby.

That's where the Road ID came in. I saw an ad for it on a message board or maybe in one of the bike magazines. It's basically a fancy identification bracelet. I opted for the dog tag model.


You can probably get dog tags cheaper elsewhere, but they have lots of other cool stuff to choose from, too. There are a variety of different types of bracelets. They even have cool reflective shoelaces, which aren't real practical for most styles of riding boots. I may need to buy some of these High-Viz Stickpaks, though.

Now, I just have to remember to put my collar on before we leave for our walk...

This blog will probably always be a work in progress. By that I just mean constantly evolving. It is still relatively young. Especially when you consider that I didn't do much at all with it last year.

When I first started this blog, I was going to make it more business-like. Less about me and more about motorcycles, riding, ride routes, etc. But then I realized that was pretty boring. People actually said I should make it more personal. So I did.

Speaking of personal, I figure it's about time I introduce you to my girls. Not those girls. The bitches.

L-R, Meg, K, and Belle

After revealing the back of their heads yesterday, it occurred to me that I may not have properly introduced them here. That's my pack. They're all three rescued Brittanys. Their birthdays are all in June. This year, Meg (the old girl) will be 13, K (the middle girl) will be 6, and Belle (the little girl) will be 5.

They're lots of fun. All the kids are grown, so we need to have some sort of entertainment around!


Click the #29in29 tag today (the purple circle with words in it) and you'll jump to Fuzzy's blog post that has a link to all of the challenge participants. Go ahead, check them out. I triple-dog-dare you.

6 comments:

Trobairitz said...

A good reminder to always have ID on us. Luckily I can put my wallet in one pocket of my jacket and cell phone in the other. Purse be damned, I hate purses.

We also have REI whistles attached to an upper zipper on our jackets. If for some reason we end up off the road and down an embankment where we can't be seen we should be able to reach the whistle.

Cute pooches. They look very well behaved. Or are they just posing for the camera?

ToadMama said...

Hey, that whistle is a good idea. No, they aren't well-behaved. I got up with my camera to take pics of my Christmas decorations and they thought I was going outside. That's their disgusted/impatient look. Most times, they are either asleep or bouncing off the walls. :-)

bluekat said...

I've been needing to get a roadid. For running especially since I don't carry any more than I have to. I've even resorted to a scrap of paper in my running shoes for id.

Love the pic of the gang on the pretty rug. My dog won't even look at me if I have a camera in hand.

GLantern said...

I just picked up a roadid bracelet myself. I used to keep a laminated sheet in my jacket pocket but realized the chance of someone finding that is minimal. The bracelet is much easier to find and more durable.

ToadMama said...

Bluekat, they have lots of different styles that would be perfect for a runner. I opted for the dog tags just because I thought the bracelet would irritate me under my gear. As for the dog shot, they were just laying there waiting for me as I slowly made my way down the stairs. It was a lucky capture.

ToadMama said...

GL, the bracelet is definitely better than the sheet in the pocket. Especially if they have to cut your clothes off or something. Not pleasant to think about, but entirely possible. It's so worth the risk though.