Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Really, Honda?

In yesterday's post, I revealed that I'm not a follower of motorcycles.

Simply put, I am a rider. I like what it feels like when I am riding. I'm not much into how a thing looks.

That being said, I've always wondered what it would feel like to ride a chopper. They don't look comfortable at all. Or practical. Considering how I like carving up the turns, I really don't think I would enjoy one.

But there are some really cool-looking choppers out there. Those custom bikes are art, pure and simple.

Until yesterday, I had no idea that Honda makes a chopper.


Called the Fury, this is quite possibly one of the silliest things I have ever seen.

And don't get me wrong, I love Hondas. My first motorcycle was a Rebel (27 years ago... gasp!). I drive a Honda automobile. My previous car was a Honda. My Hubby even drives a Honda truck.

But a Honda chopper? A plain white chopper at that?

Ugh.

Am I the only one who thinks that was a really bad idea?

The good news is it gave me some material to keep my #29in29 streak rolling. 

8 comments:

Fuzzy said...

It definitely isn't my kind of bike. It sure looks spartan, too. It's the ice cream man's bike :)

But - you just know that it'll keep tickin' for a bajillion miles.

ToadMama said...

So true, Fuzzy. My car has about 170,000 miles on it. Really. :-)

SonjaM said...

Not sure what to think of this Fury. And white? Definitely not a chopper colour. Certainly doesn't look like a long distance bike, but after having recently read a guy's story about traveling the road of bones to Magadan on a Sportster... everything is possible, I guess.

Dar said...

It's not my thing either, it's not even sexy. It looks like a painters project, blank canvas perhaps? They could have at least made it a sexy black.

Trobairitz said...

I have never been fan of the Fury. The owners of our favorite motorcycle accessory store bought one for the hubby. He traded his Valkyrie for it. He loved it so much she bought one for herself and has it custom painted with roses and stuff I think. They're okay if you like that sort of thing. But the white just doesn't suit it. Blank palette perhaps.

ToadMama said...

I was thinking blank palette, too. But the thing sells for like $13,000! Ouch. I'd love to test drive one just to see what it's like. Maybe the local shop has one. I'll have to go there next. :-)

bluekat said...

Different strokes for different folks, but not my cup of tea. I've seen Furys (furies?) with prettier paint schemes. Oddly I like the plain paint and the flat black frame scheme, but not on this style of bike.

Erik Lucien said...

Really, Honda? (No pun intended) Yes, I’ve heard of Honda motorbikes modified to achieve the unique hand-crafted appearance of a Chopper. But I never thought Honda would manufacture their own Chopper. I don’t think it’s an absolutely bad idea. The Fury looks like a very modern chopper. But I’m sure Honda will fall on hard times having long-established competitors like Harley Davidson Motors.