Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Kindred Spirit

In addition to a very large Amish man, I encountered another interesting person this weekend.

Sort of.

I didn't actually see an owner, but I did come across some pretty cool yard art.


When I first spotted the thing, I thought it was a mailbox. After screeching to a halt so I could capture an image for your viewing pleasure, I discovered that it isn't functional at all. It's just art.

The person who lives in this house must like motorcycles and frogs. Otherwise, why would this be in their yard?

And I thought amphibian-loving motorcyclists were rare...

Sadly, my girlfriend getaway weekend has come to an end. It was fun while it lasted. We shopped and ate. Then shopped and ate some more. It was pretty much more of the same for four straight days.

I'm exhausted, poorer, and about nine pounds heavier than when I left.


That's me about to chow down on a Whoopie Pie.

Notice the weather? That was taken on Friday. It was quite dreary.

I'll try to get caught up on other participating blogs tomorrow. For now, there's another Whoopie Pie in the kitchen calling my name.

5 comments:

Trobairitz said...

That is a great frog/bike combination. It is like you were meant to find it.

Nice self portrait too. You can't go wrong with a whoopie pie can you?

bobskoot said...

ToadMama/Kathy:

Never had a Woopie pie, but we have Ding Dongs here. It sure looks tasty

I would have stopped for the frog photo too, 'cause I know you like toads

bob
Riding the Wet Coast

Dar said...

ToadMama - lol too cute! I've had a thing called a ding dong and it is like the whoopie pie. Hmmm I think I need to go on search for some of those....

SonjaM said...

Now, that is worth a screeching halt. A kindred spirit indeed.
All good things must come to an end, especially lady's weekends...

ToadMama said...

Whoopie Pies are a lot like Ding Dongs and Devil Dogs. The one I was eating was chocolate cake with peanut butter icing for filling. The standard ones have a white filling. They also make one with chocolate chip cookies instead of the chocolate cake. YUM.