Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Every Town Has One

I know I tend to go on and on about how cute my town is.

And maybe, just maybe, y'all (which I am allowed to say now that I am a Virginian) are getting tired of it.

So I decided today's post would be different. Today, I decided to keep it real.


This house sits beside the Warrenton Branch Greenway, which is the place where I walk my dogs in the mornings. It's a walking/bike trail that used to be a railroad bed.

It's not particularly scenic at this time of year anyway, what with all the naked trees. But every time I walk past this place, I have to wonder about the people who live there.

Do they ever look at their house as they drive up? The color is a bit bright, but that's not the worst part. The worst part is all of the mess in the yard. And on the porch. That, together with the color, makes an unfortunate eyesore.

It could be worse, I know.

Does your town have a house like this? 

Don't forget to go see what my fellow posters did today...



6 comments:

bobskoot said...

ToadKathy:

we just have inconsiderate neighbours. Garbage cans overflowing and junque ends up on my side, barking dogs all night long, cars parked in the lane making access to our carport difficult.

bob
Riding the Wet Coast

Dar said...

Looks like my house..... No only kidding. It's unfortunate that some people choose to live this way.

bluekat said...

Looks like my place! J/K :)

It's a little...cluttered. I think every town has a house like this.

You know the old saying: Fences make good neighbors.

Trobairitz said...

I was just thinking of bright paint yesterday. There is one street in town that has a house so bright blue with bright yellow trim that you'd think they lost a bet.

Our neighbor collects junk. I just noticed on the way home that his crappy boat has been parked on the street so long there is moss growing under it.

Will have to try and get some pics.

Fuzzy said...

"The color is a bit bright, but that's not the worst part."

I beg to differ...

Adrian from YouMotorcycle said...

Hey ToadMama,
I chose this post for my #29in29 Week 3 Favorites list!
http://www.youmotorcycle.com/29in29-week-3-favorites.html