Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Windmills

My husband and I really did decide to build a house in West Virginia because of the awesome roads.

We literally built the place ourselves, with a little help from friends and family. For the first couple of years, we didn't do much riding. But every now and then we did manage to take a break.


Hubby shot that image of me leading the way on one of our rides.


Every now and then, we get that perfect sort of day. Blue sky, big, puffy, white clouds. Reasonable temperatures.

In all honesty, these shots are from 2007. I can't remember if it was hot that July day. But it sure looks pretty, doesn't it?


We were both surprised to see these giant windmills after cresting a hill headed north on US-219 just south of the MD/WV line.


We stopped to have a closer look and decided it would be a good photo opportunity. That's Hubby on his Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad.


There I am on my Yamaha V-Star 1300 Tourer. That big, fat cruiser I no longer own. :-)

Wanna know what we did after the ride? I probably drank a nice, ice-cold beer. I'll show you what Hubby did...


I'm really, really anxious for Spring to get here.

Do you usually plan your rides? Or do you just hop on the bike and hit the road with no particular route or destination in mind?

1 comment:

Fuzzygalore said...

Cool! I know those very windmills. It's neat how as you come from the south you just start catching glimpses of them. They look surreal.

Not too far south of there is one of the smallest churches in the US. Just, you know, in case you NEEDED to know that :)

For the most part, I do not plan my rides. I just kind of float around, leaving the house with a general idea of where I want to end up and then I see where the wind takes me.

When I do plan - I am usually looking for something specific.

I'm jealous of that hammock right now. Would be perfect in my office zzzz... zzzz....